- Lighting – Install energy efficient LED lights and use infrared motion detection and timers that turn lights off when a room is unoccupied.
- Surfaces – Make sure every surface coating/covering from paint to carpet is low in VOCs (volatile organic compounds) to promote healthier indoor air quality.
- Water – Revamp your bathrooms with low-flow toilets and water conserving faucets so employees can enjoy high performance plumbing without wasting water.
- Furniture – Buy furniture that is pre-owned, refurbished, or that has a high percentage of recycled content.
- Waste – Be sure to deconstruct and recycle as much material as possible during your rebuild. Track how much waste you are keeping out of the landfill for maximum points!
At Cubicles Office Environments, we have qualified, professional LEED consultants on staff to help you achieve your certification goals. Give us a call!